Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:13 AM EST Feb. 8, 2017 – National Weather Service
… Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am EST Thursday…
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Storm Warning… which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 10
am EST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* rain late in the evening briefly mixes with sleet before quickly
changing to snow after midnight.
* Snow intensity increases through the predawn hours with rates of
1 to 2 inches per hour.
* Heaviest snow ending around daybreak with snow tapering off by
* Total snow accumulation 5 to 8 inches.
* Temperatures falling below freezing Thursday with 25 to 30 mph
wind gusts into the afternoon.
* dangerous travel conditions on snow covered roads with very low
* Heavy snow will impact the early morning commute with very slow
speeds and increased risk for accidents.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on driving conditions and to take it slow
in ice and snow.